WHAT IS PEMF
- PEMF therapy consists of sweeping or bathing the entire body or individual limb through a magnetic field.
- PEMF therapy is a non-invasive, simple & safe technique often administered over the site of a painful injury or inflammation.
- It causes vasodilation (opening and dilating blood vessels), modification of inflammation process, reduction of oedema (oedema is excessive fluid collection in tissues) and enhanced tissue repair.
Where is PEMF useful?
- Arthritis & Spondylosis
- Fractures & Post-traumatic pain
- Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s diseases
- Motor neuron disease, epilepsy peripheral neuropathy, hemiplegia and cerebral palsy
- Trophic/diabetic ulcers
- Mild depression and epilepsy.
Benefits of PEMF
- Pain relief
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves blood oxygenation
- Improves blood circulation
- Heals bone & joint problems
- Stimulates the immune system
- Improves muscle function
- Reduces stress, improves sleep
Physiological background of PEMF in certain conditions :
- There is an increase in vasodilatation which leads to increase in blood flow, thus improving oxygen supply and thereby reducing pain and/or decreasing inflammation. This also helps in removing toxins & wastes.
- It also causes bio-amplification, regulating granulation tissue and helping in the repairing process of chronic ulcers (a healthy granulation tissue is a key critical step in ulcer healing).
- The stimulating effect produced by PEMF on biosynthesis & cell proliferation manifests itself in increased formation of osteogenic foci (cellular proliferation – increase in the number of cells, osteogenic – bone forming), which is an important aspect of fracture healing.
- PEMF repolarizes or restores the cell membrane’s charge back to resting potential/charge which regenerates the injured cells & stimulates the body’s own natural healing process.
Call us to find out if PEMF is the right treatment for you and how you can benefit from it.