Sports Massage is the application of Massage Therapy and Physiotherapy to soothe and relax the tired muscles of athletes and other sportspersons to ensure flexibilty and agility. Release of the soft tissue, muscle and fascia by trained physiotherapists has a much larger impact since the therapists are able to understand the requirements of the sportspersons and the movement patterns of muscles in their vocation.
Sports Massage is advised for athletes and sportspersons in order to
- avoid injuries
- avoid decrease in performance
- prevent delayed onset of muscle soreness
- prevent the formation of myofascial triggers
Sports message can be helpful in:
- recovery from a rigorous training schedule
- recovery after a hectic sports schedule
- recovery from an injury.